SO WHO IS THIS GUY?

My photo
Hi there! As you can see, my name is Chris, I'm at university and I'm currently 21 years old, but there's more to know than my name and age. So what am I doing then? Well I'm studying Game Art at DMU. I am aiming to be one of the top proffesional vehicle artists in the industry. In the meantime, check out this Blog of mine and when your finished, take a look at my website!

DRIVE-ABLE CAR!!

 So the past few days have been a bit of a nightmare getting all the car to rig properly and get collisions working, but ive finally done it!

The suspension is incredibly bouncy at the moment and the cars collision gets stuck every now and then on other objects, but at least its working!

Rigging the car and setting up the animation in UDK is not really that much of a big deal, just takes a bit of time to sort out, going to have to figure out how to change the way the car handles now.

Since this major part of the project has been achieved, my plan now is to get fully back to work on the scene and the car. When the car is completely done, il rig the updated version and get it all to work in the scene again, but with an awesome paint material, better handling and better collision!






I have also began looking into damage nodes/morphs in UDK and max, how to get it all to work properly. It doesn't look all that difficult, just not too sure if you export the damaged body panels with the original car, or if its done separately and then linked up in the Anim tree in UDK.

No comments:

Post a Comment