SO WHO IS THIS GUY?

My photo
Hi there! As you can see, my name is Chris, I'm at university and I'm currently 21 years old, but there's more to know than my name and age. So what am I doing then? Well I'm studying Game Art at DMU. I am aiming to be one of the top proffesional vehicle artists in the industry. In the meantime, check out this Blog of mine and when your finished, take a look at my website!

Games industry


The games industry particularly over the last two decades, has seen extraordinary growth. This is particularly down to games being accepted into the mainstream and games outselling the highest grossing films and music sales on record.

Today, modern game studios require talented artists and highly creative people in order to create the best game possible. However, I think a major skill that is needed to work in any creative environment, especially with the pressures and stress at making a videogame, is that you need to be very good in communicating with other team members. This was something that I picked up on while doing the Queens project with my team. Although we were all relatively good at discussing the next plan and what were all doing, there were times were a lack of communication made the work process break down.

However i do think that having the determination and are willing to learn as much as you can is a big factor when applying for a job in the industry. At the end of the day, they want someone who is not only talented, but someone who is self motivated, a good communicator and easy to get along with.

No comments:

Post a Comment